Friday, April 14, 2006

Easy breezy, Japanesey

Here are a random assortment of amusing things I’ve photographed over the last 9 months using my handy cell phone camera. Enjoy.



Do you know where little Yoshi has wandered off to? Be careful, because Domo-kun will eat your children.



A very pretty and realistic-looking mannequin encouraging you to buy clothes.



This is Gloomy Bear, the bear who loves you to death. You can find his cute/bloody toys and accessories in the child’s section of most major department stores (Blake, this photo is just for you).



Sign posted outside a bathroom in Osaka train station listing the various things one can do inside. Not so sure about #4…



Yummy, cookies with a name that I associate with my large intestine…I guess that’s where they’ll end up.



Ketchup with the same attributes as my shampoo.



Toilet paper brands…though I’m not sure if “repeat” and “memory” are two things I want connected with using the bathroom.



Look, real Indian Curry! No more of that “made in Indian” crap…now you can get the authentic Native American kind!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

You're always bragging about your friends being from so many different countries. Well, I have friends from Germany, Hungary, Estonia, the Czech Republic and Bellaruse and most of them don't even speak much english! so ha!

Chris Powell said...

cool pics, i like the sauce one the best.

Anonymous said...

Still trying to figure out pix #4, looks like someone is getting a medical exam! Gloomy bear is too scary. Love ya - Mom & Dad

Ted Pho said...

Here is a stupid debate for the next time you're drunk. Who would win in a fight? Domo-kun or gloomy?

Missy Nomad said...

Oh I love this entry...and every little comment you made about it!

Raychaa said...

Beautiful! You capture Japan well, Betsy's-Friend-Justin. It's really almost like being in 1st century Palestine. I mean, Japan. And not 1st century, but Completely Wrong Century. At least it's Stylish and Clean.