Monday, November 20, 2006

Random photos that document my life

Here are a few random pictures from my keitai (cell phone). I think they serve to give ya’ll an idea of my life these days. WOOT!


First up, a screaming cat. This is a Japan’s version of the magazine “Cat Fancy”…maybe, I didn’t actually look at the magazine…I just liked the cover.



Mothercoat! This is the shirt I bought at the Mothercoat concert last Saturday. The band was AWESOME…and totally weirdo Japanese.


Tiny beer cans. Finally, the perfect size beer for little Yuki’s lunch box. (a big thanks to Lisa for modeling the tiny beer…I’ve been using her face a lot in lessons…the kids respond well to her face...but I've never paired her face with beer in class)


My new image. A lot of my students are into hip hop, so I decided to totally revamp my image and become more gangsta. (just kidding…this was for Rhoda’s crazy bday party)


Exploded tired! I had my first Japanese blowout not too long ago on the expressway. Thankfully a very polite and courteous Japanese family came and saved me.


And finally, cheese ramen. Overall, cheese is hard to find in Japan and I rarely eat it, but recently I’ve been getting cravings for it and have started partaking in the bizarre Japanese dishes that include cheese. When I first arrived, I wouldn’t go near cheese ramen or cheese curry…but now, I think it’s kind of tasty.

Hai, ja ne!

4 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

I LOVE cheese Ramen. Almost as much as i love Japanese Cheese curry.

Anonymous said...

Love the cat picture - wondering if he's trying to sing? We're working on Raleigh to help us sing" "How much is that kitty in the window?". Ohh, that cheese ramen looks scrumptious!
Love always - Mom & Dad

Sarah said...

I'll start sending you all the cheese I'm tired of eating here. Seriously, I can't be expected to eat bread and cheese every night for dinner. Who would of thought I would be tired of cheese?

Anonymous said...

Is Mothercoat a secular or religious band?

It makes me think of Arrested Development...there was a show on it called "Motherboy". You would like Arrested Development, J-dog. You might already like it. I just don't know anymore.

Baker