Thursday, June 26, 2008

Horror Bugs

You never know what new and exciting experience Japan is going to give you to turn an ordinary day into a great story for a blog.

The other night I was lying (laying?) in bed reading a book when I was brutally attacked (emotionally) by a horror bug. It was past midnight and my eyes had just started to flutter and close when sudden dark movement woke me up to a panic. Crawling down my wall was a fantastically evil looking centipede with one thought on its mind—“get into Justin’s bed”. See picture below for a visual:

I image that if Satan, Medusa, and my 5th grade math teacher (she was a bit evil) got together to design a horror bug, this is what it would look like. A hundred(ish) long legs flowing around a dark, insidious body…poisonous stinger and venom-covered fangs…defensive shielding and the ability to both absorb and discharge electrical energy…some of this may be my own imaginings, but you get the point. It’s scary! And nothing with that many legs should move that silently down a person’s wall in the middle of the night.

Anyway, the creature rapidly approached me, I jumped up and thought, “oh my gosh oh my gosh of my gosh” and started looking around for something to kill it with. The centipede was so huge that I honestly had to search my room for something big enough to kill it (cause it had to be done in one shot or else I risked being shot with a poison dart or having it regenerate before I could finish it off). I finally chose an anthology of Asian mythology and readied myself for the battle.

After some maneuvering and getting it out of my bed and back on the wall, I slammed the creature with the book and squinted as legs and antenna flew everywhere and guts splattered on the wall. UNBELIEVEABLE.

Needless to say, my dreams that night were less than charming.

6 comments:

Angelo said...

KOWAIIIII!

Oldmarrieds said...

ICK!

(that's all I can say)

ICK!

Anonymous said...

Nice bug. What color was his innards and did the remanins eat into the wall like acid blood (as in Aliens)?
Love - Dad

Anonymous said...

+100 xp

Lisa said...

ACK! What is up with you and having MONSTROUS bug experiences - like when you encountered the HUGE HAIRY SPIDER eating the slightly less HUGE HAIRY SPIDER.

ACK

Pauline said...

Wowww I'm glad I never encountered a mukade while I was in Japan!!