Thursday, January 08, 2009

Photos of a quiet battlefield

Despite my first experience of getting ridiculously lost (the “ridiculous” referring to my navigational skills, not to my level of lostness), I persevered and went back to Nash Farm, the Civil War Historical Battlefield Park (see previous post). This time I found the wooded trail…that was actually mostly a gravel driveway and about 20 meters of dead leaves…and arrived within minutes.

Here are some photos I took of the area:

Close up of a tree overlooking the site of cavalry charge.

Same tree farther back (I really like this tree).

Gravel road for Confederate and Union ghosts to wander.

Big ol’ southern sky.

Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds of cannon fire and soldiers shouting are long silenced now. Their memory and bravery live on as we can honor these America men from both sides.
Love - Dad