Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm not Mike


College friends wedding update: out of a dozen male friends from my close-knit IV group, only 3 now remain unmarried. This past weekend celebrated the marriage of Mike to his lovely LeAnne down in Savannah, Georgia. The wedding “weekend” (extending from Wednesday to Sunday for me) was an absolute blast that included many a shenanigan as well as significant and intimate conversations with old friends. Compared to my NYC life, my time in Savannah was like visiting another world…the weather was sunny and hot, the food southern and heavy, the friends straight and coupled. The love and support that exists between this group of friends is amazing though and brings us all together.

The bachelor party crew was outfitted with shirts designed by Blake that assured we would get proper attention during our rowdy bar crawl. The groomsmen wore shirts adorned with Mike’s smiling face and reading, “I’m Not Mike”. This provided the contrast to Mike’s personal shirt that read, “I’m Mike. And I’m getting married!”



As you can imagine many people in bars and along the streets were curious about our group and this gave us the opportunity to shout, “This is Mike! And he’s getting married! YAY!” There’s no better way to celebrate a guy’s marriage than to draw as much attention to him as possible.

The night was a success and included some awesome karaoke. A very enthusiastic young woman at the karaoke place enjoyed assisting us with our singing. She also sat in Mike’s lap.




Good times. I love these guys.

1 comment:

Angelo said...

Funny, indeed!