Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The End of an Era

All good things must come to an end. The final episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation was entitled, “All Good Things…”, and while I was heartbroken to say good bye to one of the best shows ever on television, I knew that in life there comes a time when things must end.

This is the final entry of the JaBlog.

For more than 4 years I’ve been writing stories, posting photos, and uploading videos about my life in Japan, the south, and now New York City. I’ve been able to share my thoughts and adventures to an untold number of friends, family, and internet strangers. I’ve enjoyed it all, but I feel like it’s time to move on to something else and leave this blog as a monument and memory to the past.

I’d rather just go ahead and say, “that’s a wrap!” with the blog instead of slowly and gradually tapering off into rare and sporadic updates about things like dogs in bags (see below). I need a new angle, a new voice for blogging (perhaps one not so closely associate with my unique and easily-googled name). I still have many stories to tell…and the endless reaches of the information super highway will ring with them.

Thank you to everyone who has been a follower of my blog. I’ve enjoyed sharing my life with you.

Farewell, good bye, さよなら.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

:(

I look forward to your new endeavours.

-bp

Sarah said...

you mean, you don't want your blog to taper off as mine has?

Anonymous said...

best of luck to you Justin!

Anonymous said...

Why...? What happened? I enjoyed your blog...I'm going to miss it

Anonymous said...

Please come back I'm a reader from Bangkok Thailand

Anonymous said...

May the JaBlog RIP. I will miss thee.

Angelo said...

What a surprise, I must say! Had no idea!

But I saw you in NY and that made me extra happy!

Enjoy!

Ps - Love the reference to Star Trek! You are a man of good taste.
And, by the way, next time I go to NY, please take me to see Spock on the wall!

Anonymous said...

Where are you Justin? Come back...