Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Obviously Enchanted Pair of Shoes


We all go to thrift stores for one reason: to find secondhand magical items that will reveal our destiny. I’ve been searching through shops for years now, but it wasn’t until this past week that I finally found my special item.

I was in the “upscale” Good Will over in Chelsea that supposedly gets more of the “name brand” and “boutique” items when I found a pair of handmade black leather shoes. I’ve been looking for a pair of black shoes and knew instantly that this pair was special. Whenever I go shopping, I wait to get that “Wow! Yes this is the item!” feeling before committing to buying an item. When I saw these shoes I got that burst in my heart and prayed that they would fit. Being my destiny shoes, of course they fit perfectly!

I held the shoes in my hands and examined them carefully. The leather was worn, but still in excellent condition….the soles had been resoled meaning the previous owner had taken care to preserve the shoes. I wonder who owned these before me? And how did they come to be in this store? At only $20, I didn’t ponder too long before taking the shoes to the cashier and slapping down the cash.

Wearing the shoes makes me feel good and I enjoy the clicking sounds as I step and the leather murmur when I move my ankles around in them. I’m still not exactly sure what kind of enchantment these shoes have, but since shoes are made for walking, I figure they will take me somewhere good.

1 comment:

Marie Shaddix said...

Love the shoes and the story. Great buy. Love you lots! XO