Thursday, March 22, 2007

My young friends


Wednesday was a holiday here in Japan and I had the opportunity to spend the day with some really cool people. A friend of mine, who I shall call Tanabee, graciously offered to take myself and a group of graduated young people on a road trip in his big, sweet van. We awed at mountain views, ate delicious food, engaged in English-Japanese conversations, and all around enjoyed a day off work. Please allow me to share the photos with you.
Swings at the top of a mountain…the positioning of the swings on the hill makes you gasp every time you swing out cause you feel like you’re flying over the edge.
Eating DELICIOUS cheese cake flavored ice cream…what a happy crew!
These kids are amazing people and my day with them was so fun. You can see where I get inspiration for my hairstyles. Ah, I love Japan for many reasons, but maybe the biggest is because I can be friends with folks like these. Ajimu for life!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

awwww. looking at those photos make me want to teach in high schools.

How come you've never taken me to go eat cheesecake ice cream?

I updated!

ciao :)

Sarah said...

Sorry to exploit your blog Justin but...

BLAKE!

are you out there? I heard you live in Charlotte now. I need to borrow a backpack to travel with and I thought you might have one I could borrow. Pretty please?

Sarah