Sunday, March 11, 2007

Two Wrongs Make a Right

First, just to explain the title, the above photo is of my dear friends, Jared and Steph Long…but in Japan where “l” and “r” is a mystery for some, their name sometimes becomes “Wrong”. Get it?

Anyway, as you all know, I live a very glamorous life out here in Ajimu. My weekdays are filled with uniform-clad teenagers and countryside serenity…and my weekends are 48 hours of pure Bacchus-inspired merriment.

Well, sort of.

The last two weekends have been fun times as I’ve had the chance to hang out with Jared and Steph (and they are such nice people!). Last weekend was the 80’s dance in Oita City where Jared was DJ-ing and I was dressed up as Spike from TRANSFORMERS (maybe two of you will know who Spike is). The night started slow but gradually grew to a pretty groovy dance party (in part due to my really great idea of group tequila shots!). See below.

Lick it, shoot it, suck it!

This past weekend, the Longs came out to the inaka to visit me and enjoy some of the sites that the countryside has to offer. I rarely get visitors, but am always happy to serve as tour guide.

Steph and Jared at the Ajimu waterfall (Kyushu’s tallest).


Jared and I after we had just passed a group of Korean tourist who wanted to give us all high fives…it was pretty funny (Steph said Jared and I looked “special” in this photo).

Fun times, yo. KOREA!

2 comments:

Oldmarrieds said...

Ok, I admit it, I don't have a CLUE who Spike from Transformers is, BUT I know how to goggle and found this:
"Spike is the only known son of "Sparkplug" Witwicky, previously a worker on an oil rig. After the Autobots saved the workers from a Decepticon attack, the Witwickys volunteered to help them in their fight. Spike, though no mechanical genius like his father, was good enough to be able to make minor repairs to Autobots. Usually, he hung around with Bumblebee or showed the Autobots various aspects of Earth culture and history."

Is this the right Spike?
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/6563/spike.html

Lisa said...

I think that my DietJelly has caffeine in it.

Now I can't sleep.

ciao!