Monday, July 02, 2007

Bling and Irises

Well July has suddenly come upon us and the countdown to the end of the 2006-2007 JET Contract year is on. What better way to spend one of the last remaining weekends than donning oneself in flashy bling for a fancy dinner and then viewing lovely irises the following day? Still with me, mom? Let’s just go to the pictures…

BEHOLD, Justin all blinged out. No, I am not Michael Jackson.


Here’s Diego reverting back to his thug image days. I told him the bandana suited him, but he refused to wear it into the restaurant.


Our lovely female friends at dinner (Rhoda was the inspiration for the evening).

After out night out (and sleeping in Rhoda’s house where temperatures approach that of the sun) we teamed up with Sheena and took a stroll into the countryside to view some irises. While I wasn’t bursting with anticipation at first, the flower viewing turned out to be a very nice afternoon. Except for when spiders starting attacking us in the gazebo over the dried up lake.


The field of purple and white stretched endlessly into the green hills (flower pictures! it's like your blog, Julie!).


RABBIT! No wait, INDIAN!


Me and Diego.

I feel like I’ve neglected my blog recently…this is because I’ve been so unsettled about my future that I’ve been waiting to post until I had something BIG and IMPORTANT to announce. Just to give you all an update, I will soon be deciding whether or not I’ll be staying in Japan another year. After months of discussion with my bosses in Oita-ken, it turns out that I cannot remain a third year on JET. However, I’ve been looking for other jobs and have been offered a position with a private English company. I’m at an important crossroads and this week will involve a lot of thinking and praying about the future.

My love to you all.

2 comments:

Angelo said...

There is only one result after all the thinking: YOU MUST STAY!

Joel Swagman said...

As I mentioned to you before, I had a positive experience with a private ALT company (although like the JET program itself, experiences can very). Anyway, good luck with the decision making process.