Monday, April 28, 2008

The Undiscovered Country


First, look at the picture. Then the calendar. But make sure it’s a Japanese calendar so you see that it’s Golden Week! What do you think I’m going to be doing for the next 8 days?! That’s right, HITCH HIKING AROUND JAPAN!

Okay, I actually really need to get moving today, but wanted to put up something to let you all know that I’m about to embark on a very random and hopefully exciting journey. During my time in Japan, I’ve gone on lots of trips…most of them well planned (especially if Lisa was involved). But this time I want to go out there and do something spontaneous and unique. Japan is a good place for hitch hiking because unlike most other countries, Japan is still a safe place. PLUS, the Japanese have the reputation of taking care of foreigners on the open road.

This trip is a lot of things for me…one of those being a soul-searching, walkabout. The past four months have been marked by a great deal of change in my life in a year that has been full of ups and downs and all arounds. I need an escape, an adventure, a challenge.

When I return, I promise to put all my stories and pictures into an entertaining montage. Until then, safe journey.

2 comments:

BP said...

have fun!

Anonymous said...

We eagerly await the revelations and encounters of the journey!
Love - Mom & Dad