Wednesday, February 27, 2008

誕生日おめでとう! Happy Birthday!

Yip yip yeah! I’m 26, fools! I am solidly in my twenties now with the years refining my dreams, looks, and dance moves (at least 2 of those). I’m taking this opportunity to reflect on some of my past, memorable birthday experiences…

  1. February 2006: Heroes, Demons, and Deities Costume Birthday Party Extravaganza! This is the night I dressed as Baldur from Nordic Mythology and 50 drunken friends invaded my rural apartment in Ajimu. Twas truly epic (and took me days to recover in body and home).

  1. February 2005: Anything Asian Costume Birthday Party! Looking back on it, the theme seems kind of racist, but at the time it was totally appropriate as my departure for Japan was neigh! It was the first night I ever had Japanese sake…and also the first time I ever wielded a samurai sword.

  1. February 2004: Superhero Costume Birthday Party! Thanks to my dear friend, Caroline, I was able to have my first costume party ever. This was a night everyone became heroes and a cat jumped into a batch of radioactive punch. I also danced with a crazy woman who lived in the apartment downstairs.

  1. February 2001: Chucky Cheese Birthday Party! Yes, I was 19 years old for this one…but my friends were the ones treating me. Plus ball pits are awesome!

  1. February 1999: Surprise Party! My parents totally fooled me and invited all my friends over for a grand surprise party. It was just like you see on TV…I tried to plan something fun with all my friends, they were all busy, I got depressed, lonely, and then BOOM! I find all my chums in the kitchen with Pepsi and cake. My friend Ben Howell managed to spill an entire 3-liter on himself and the floor…and my best friend Baker couldn’t make it because of a cello concert (yes, Baker, I still remember!). Still a good time.

  1. February at some point in the 1980’s: McDonald’s Birthday Party! A must-have event for kids in the 80’s. I most remember the cake covered in McDonald’s characters made entirely of sugar. I wanted to eat The Hamburgerler, but my mom said it was too much sugar (yes, mom, I still remember!)

And now we come to February 2008…muhahahahahaha! This year I’ll be celebrating in Tokyo with some friends…and I expect to have a good time. I’ll be sure to put up some pictures and tales when I get back.

3 comments:

Marie Shaddix said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN!!!!!!!

Just note that too much sugar and too much alcohol equals a difficult morning after. Words of wisdom from your Mom & Dad. Ha,Ha!

Have a great day!!!!
Much Love.

Anonymous said...

i'll never live some things down...

-b

Dunguinha said...

I know im late.. loooool...
But happy birthday, anyway!!!
My birthday is on the same year.. Same month.. And almost same day!!! =)