Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Celebrity Sightings!

One of the many cool reasons to live in NYC is that sometimes you see famous people walking around acting all normal. As you know from previous posts, I love people watching and constantly reap a bountiful harvest each time I stroll down the street. Because I stare at almost everyone I pass, I occasionally get an extra surprise and see a celebrity! Below are the famous people I’ve see since moving here.

First sighting: Demetri Martin, comedian. I saw him on St. Mark’s on a Saturday night and noticed him when a young boy said, “Good luck with your career!” and hugged him. He then got into a car and drove away.



Chet, cast member for MTV’s Real World Brooklyn. Definitely a minor “celebrity” and really more of a twat (have you seen the show?) but I still thought it was cool to see him. He was walking along 14th Street near where I live. We actually made eye contact and I feel like he was looking at me thinking, “Hey, do you recognize me? Please recognize me! I was on the Real World!” I didn’t say anything to him.


Donald Faison, most notably the character Turk from Scrubs (also in the 1995 ground-breaking film, Clueless!). I saw him on Bowery Street shopping in some photograph art stores. He was with 3 other “normals” and I noticed him when he laughed (exactly like Turk does!). I called my mom and sister for this one.


Kiefer Sutherland, intense hero, Jack Bauer, on the TV series 24 (as well as multiple films like The Three Musketeers…oh, and he also is the spokesman for Calorie Mate, a Japanese snack food). I spotted him just this past week walking in Union Square on a rainy day. He casually strolled by not in a hurry at all (very different from his role in 24). I was actually talking to my mom on the phone when this occurred. I don’t think she was as excited as she was about Turk.

I know if I see any of the crew members of any of the Star Trek series (except Enterprise, what a lame fest…but then again Scott Bakula was captain on that show and I’d be excited to see him because he was on Quantum Leap) I will wet my pants and go up and ask to shake their hand. Lord help me if Patrick Stewart walks by! The combo of Capt. Picard and Professor X from X-Men would just blow me over and I would probably try to make him come with me for coffee so I could absorb as much of his refined charm as possible.

Who knows who I’ll see next. I’ll keep my eyes open (and my blog updated!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol refined charm, that does describe him perfectly

Sarah said...

i need to pay attention more.

Angelo said...

I sooooo understand you! If I ever meet anyone from Star Trek I won't even know what to say or do.
The same goes for Madonna or the goddess Tina Turner!

Nicole said...

You know, I added your link to my blog. Also, your April Fool's joke really got me, so I'm glad I read the post after it. You seem so happy in NY, so I was a little shocked. Rock on!