Friday, April 03, 2009

Somebody done dropped their liquor


A lot of stuff goes done on the streets of New York. Sometimes it gets ugly, violent, or done right wasteful. The other day I was walking home and I heard this big commotion coming from up ahead. I scanned the pedestrian masses and saw a man and woman shouting and gesturing wildly at each other. I was instantly enthralled, but knew I had to keep my staring to a minimum (cause that’s just rude). Below is the conversation exchanged between the pair.

Woman: I told you I done bought enough liquor for tonight!
Man: Well I thought we could use some more.
Woman: We have enough. We don’t need two more bottles.
Man: We do with your sister in town.
Woman: Now why do you have to bring that s*#t up? She’s only been here for a week.
Man: And she’s already finished off half my wine cellar.
Woman: (gruff laugh) Wine cellar? Some cheap a*@ bottles in a box under the kitchen table aint no wine cellar.
Man: Woman that aint the point!

Then there was some escalated shouting and grabbing of the paper bag with the liquor that ended with a rip! and smash, shatter-shatter-clink.

Strong smelling alcohol briefly flooded the sidewalk and drained away to the street. The couple moved on in a silent, but fuming huff with the woman mumbling and reaching for her cell phone.

I waited a minute or so and then took the photo of the broken bottles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aftermath of the carnage, lying in a broken heap of what was once distilled spirits. Wonder about the vintage?
Love - Dad

Anonymous said...

nice post.

-b

Josh said...

hey j....I was feeling a little nostalgic for Japan today and clicked on your blog to see what's what with you these days....congrats on making it to the big apple. Tara and I are only about 4 hours away in Vermont. If you need an escape from the city you're welcome anytime! more to come for sure-
Josh