Thursday, August 24, 2006

(5 of the) Top Ten reasons why I heart Japan

It’s time for a photo montage! Why? Cause I like them! Here are the first five reasons why I love Japan:


Ikura (fish eggs). These bright orange balls of salty goodness are one of my favorite dishes at kaiten (conveyer belt) sushi. Some other folks think them rancid. Fools!


Soft cream! My love for this omnipresent dessert has required me to institute a rule that I can only eat soft cream in the presence of others (mainly Lisa, my fellow soft cream fan). This particular soft cream sadly has polio and must be supported by a cone brace.


Karaoke. This photo was taken a while ago, but I’ve always loved the emotion it captured. Notice how Natalie in the background is in enthralled by the music while Ben pours his heart out into the microphone. The song he was singing: “A Whole New World” from Aladdin.


Enchanted bridges. This photo was taken at Usa Shrine and shows the special covered bridge that is only opened once every ten years. A representative from the Imperial family came down earlier this year and opened the bridge for just three days—an event most of us were oblivious of. Thus, the covered bridge remains something we can only look at through locked doors.


Enchanted forests. Living out in the countryside gives me plenty of opportunities to search for mythic creatures such as tengu and pokemon out in the mountain forests.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we remember how the fish eggs tasted, think I liked the eel sushi better. Like all the pixs, Japan is a beautiful country.
Take care and we send you our love.
Mom & Dad

Jamina said...

Japan sounds wonderful and all of your "Top Reasons" for hearting the place sound right up my alley. I've always wanted to visit but just haven't made it there yet. Keep the blogs coming, because I enjoy reading them.