Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tokyo welcomes you


Tokyo is one of the coolest places on earth and I seriously walk around going, “oh wow” and “cool” and “neeeeeat” when I’m there. I just returned from a short trip to the neon light land where I was welcoming, orienting, and inspiring the new JETs who have just arrived in Japan. My 5 days there were busy ones, but overall I really enjoyed myself. All the different kinds of people from all over the world mixing and meeting is great fun and a welcome change to the small town life I usually lead these days.

Below is a series of pictures taken with my sweet cell phone cam (so for all those non-readers, this post is especially for you).


The city by day. This is the view out my room window at the Keio Plaza Hotel.


Karaoke! I think there are about 3 karaoke places for every 5 people in Tokyo (just a random unqualified statistic).


This is Ollie, my co-presenter for our workshop on Japanese Pop Culture.


This is proof that Olli and I did indeed give a presentation on Japanese Pop Culture (look carefully for our names).


(some of) The new JETs for Oita-ken! Pretty cool group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an exciting time for all. Glad you got to go and present your knowledge of Pop culture to the new JETs. Think we saw some of that when we were visiting. Hope the newbies enjoy their experences. Love Mom & Dad